Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
No Result
View All Result
Home World News

Wicker Man director's sons complete their late father's film trilogy

by LJ News Opinions
August 23, 2026
in World News
0
Two men in their 50s either side of a poster for The Wicker Man outside a cinema. Dominic, on the left, is in a tweed suit and has glasses and thick hair. Justin (right) is in a cord suit and has a beard. They are smiling and pointing at the poster.
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Many of the Shetland cast and crew plan to attend the premiere of Wrath of the Gods at the horror festival FrightFest in London on Friday.

But their celebrations have been overshadowed by the sudden death of Justin Hardy last month at the age of 61.

“We all were – still are – looking forward to seeing the finished film,” says John.

“But now it’s not just a celebration of the film, it’s a celebration of Justin and his life. It will be wonderful and sad. A complex mixture of emotions.”

For Lynsey, the film is a testament to the late director.

“It was such a massive risk,” she says.

“So to get to the end of that process, when it’s going to be on a screen, feels a bit miraculous really and it’s so vexing that Justin isn’t going to be there to see what he so passionately wanted to achieve.”

For the Hardy family, it has become a strange tribute to three of their number.

Wrath of The Gods completes Robin Hardy’s Wicker trilogy and is dedicated to Justin’s mother Caroline, who was a secret uncredited executive producer on the original 1973 film.

She died in 1984, aged 51, without knowing that the film she’d backed would go on to be so loved and admired.

“It will be poignant beyond imagining. A sad but celebratory moment,” says Dominic.

“I know that he [Justin] was extremely proud of it being taken by FrightFest.

“Justin’s efforts have brought us all together as a family and helped us harness all our energy.”



Source link

LJ News Opinions

LJ News Opinions

Next Post

Mysterious 'lost continent' linked to alien beings may have finally been located

Recommended

Amy Adams refused ‘very dirty’ SNL song that would be ‘scarring’ for young fans

2 years ago

Molly-Mae Hague candidly reflects on her ‘filler scandal’ as she celebrates being ‘injection free for five years’

2 years ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    LJ News Opinions

    Welcome to LJ News Opinions, where breaking news stories have captivated us for over 20 years.
    Join us in this journey of sharing points of view about the news – read, react, engage, and unleash your opinion!

    Category

    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • U.S.
    • World News

    Site links

    • Home
    • About us
    • Contact

    Legal Pages

    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Disclaimer
    • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    • DMCA
    • About us
    • Advertise
    • Contact

    © 2024, All rights reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • U.S.
    • Politics
    • World News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Health
    • Opinions

    © 2024, All rights reserved.