Sunday, May 24, 2026
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment

Dani Dyer ‘set to make Strictly comeback’ a year after devastating injury in training forced her to quit before performing a single routine

by LJ News Opinions
May 24, 2026
in Entertainment
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Dani Dyer is reportedly set to make a Strictly Come Dancing comeback, a year after she was forced to quit the series after fracturing her ankle during rehearsals. 

The Daily Mail broke the news that Dani, 29, one of the show’s favourites, had to bow before she even got to perform a single routine for the judges. You can read the full story here. 

Now sources are claiming the TV personality ‘jumped at the chance’ to return to the dance floor as part of the 2026 line-up, after being approached by BBC bosses.

During her brief appearance she was paired with Nikita Kuzmin, before being replaced by Amber Davies following her exit.  

A source said: ‘Dani was beyond gutted when she had to quit Strictly. She never got a chance to do a single show or a dance for the judges so when the door was opened for her again by the BBC she jumped at the chance.

‘Dani hasn’t signed her contract yet but she’s clearing her diary and has told the BBC she wants in ‘To get a second chance to appear on Strictly is a dream come true for her. 

Dani Dyer is reportedly set to make a Strictly Come Dancing comeback, a year after she was forced to quit the series after fracturing her ankle during rehearsals

During her brief appearance she was paired with Nikita Kuzmin , before being replaced by Amber Davies following her exit

During her brief appearance she was paired with Nikita Kuzmin , before being replaced by Amber Davies following her exit

They told The Sun: The first time around she was paired with Nikita Kuzmin and she hopes she will get him again. She is determined to get on the dance floor and show the viewers what she’s made of.’ 

Daily Mail have contacted Dani’s representatives and BBC for comment. 

upon he exit BBC bosses confirmed that the door would be left open for ‘heartbroken’ Dani to return for the 2026 series, saying they ‘hope to welcome her back to the ballroom in the future.’ 

Dani was the second star to pull out of last year’s series before the first live show has even aired, as Game Of Thrones star Kristian Nairn withdrew from the lineup due to ‘unexpected medical reasons.’

This year’s series of Strictly has undergone a huge makeover after it was announced this week that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will be the new hosts of the show. 

And in addition to the new presenters, the show is also preparing to welcome five new professional dancers to the line up. 

Strictly bosses are reportedly set to sign Ukrainian dancer Kateryna Klishyna, who has been branded ‘the new Nadiya Bychkova‘ after it was revealed the latter was axed from the show back in March. 

Kateryna, 29, has previously appeared on America’s Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance in Ukraine.

And she has caught the eyes of bosses after her audition as a source revealed to The Sun: ‘Bosses love Kateryna. Many will see her as Nadiya’s replacement as they look so similar.’

BBC representatives refused to comment when approached by the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail broke the news that Dani, 29, one of the show’s favourites, had to bow before she even got to perform a single routine for the judges (pictured following her exit)

This year's series of Strictly has undergone a huge makeover after it was announced this week that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will be the new hosts of the show

This year’s series of Strictly has undergone a huge makeover after it was announced this week that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will be the new hosts of the show

Nadiya was just one of a slew of professionals to be given the boot this year, joining Karen Hauer, 43, Michelle Tsiakkas, 30, Luba Mushtuk, 36, and Gorka Marquez, 35.

After nine years on the show, partnering with celebrities including Dan Walker and Davood Ghadami, Nadiya shared the news of her exit on Instagram in March as she voiced her gratitude for everyone who had supported her.

‘After nine wonderful years, this part of my journey with Strictly Come Dancing is evolving,’ she penned.

‘There is something truly special about being part of a programme that plays such a big part in so many people’s lives, and I want to thank all those who have sent beautiful messages over the last few weeks and those who have voted, shouted, supported, celebrated and cheered during every series.

‘Strictly has allowed me to discover new sides of myself, develop new skills, and evolve as an artist in ways I will always be grateful for.

‘This isn’t the end… I look forward to being part of the Strictly world for many years to come in ways I am beginning to explore.’

As she was flooded with supportive messages from her followers, Tess led the gushing comments, writing: ‘Love you to bits. Beautiful inside and out.’

Source link

Tags: BBCdailymailDani DyerNikita KuzminStrictly Come Dancingtvshowbiz
LJ News Opinions

LJ News Opinions

Next Post
Oregon’s Public Defender Shortage Is Letting 1,400 Cases Walk — and Leaving Innocent People in Limbo

Falsely Accused, Forced to Wait; How Oregon’s Public Defender Crisis Trapped a Black Mother of Six and Led to the Dismissal of More than 1,400 Cases

Recommended

Abrams has grand slam and 5 RBIs, House, Tena and Millas also homer as Nationals rout Twins 15-2

3 weeks ago

Universal Studios Hollywood to host virtual open call auditions for Studio Tour guides

1 year ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    LJ News Opinions

    Welcome to LJ News Opinions, where breaking news stories have captivated us for over 20 years.
    Join us in this journey of sharing points of view about the news – read, react, engage, and unleash your opinion!

    Category

    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • U.S.
    • World News

    Site links

    • Home
    • About us
    • Contact

    Legal Pages

    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Disclaimer
    • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    • DMCA
    • About us
    • Advertise
    • Contact

    © 2024, All rights reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • U.S.
    • Politics
    • World News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Health
    • Opinions

    © 2024, All rights reserved.