Saturday, August 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
  • Home
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Opinions
No Result
View All Result
LJ News Opinions
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Israeli army and settlers injure several Palestinians across West Bank | Israel-Palestine conflict News

by LJ News Opinions
August 22, 2026
in Politics
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Palestinians face growing attacks and forced displacement as settlers expand control, backed by military raids and inaction.

Published On 22 Aug 202622 Aug 2026

Israeli military raids and attacks by Israelis from illegal settlements across the occupied West Bank have injured at least 19 Palestinians, according to Palestinian health officials and local media reports.

Israeli forces shot and injured three Palestinians who attempted to enter occupied East Jerusalem near the separation wall in ar-Ram, the Jerusalem Governorate said on Saturday.

Recommended Stories

list of 3 itemsend of list

It said the incident was part of near-daily attacks against Palestinian workers barred from their jobs in Israel since the genocidal war on Gaza began in October 2023.

In the Tubas Governorate in northern West Bank, the Palestine Red Crescent Society said its crews treated at least 11 Palestinians, including four children, for tear gas inhalation during Israeli army raids.

In Masafer Yatta, south of Hebron, an elderly man was beaten and bruised by armed settlers, after which Israeli forces raided his home, damaged its contents and confiscated his family’s phones, the Palestinian news agency Wafa reported.

The Palestine Red Crescent also reported that two young men were hospitalised after being beaten by Israeli settlers in Arrabeh, south of Jenin, while a 15-year-old boy was hospitalised after a severe beating by settlers in Tammun, in Tubas province, where another child was injured in a settler assault.

In separate attacks on Friday, the Israeli army and settlers killed two Palestinians in Hebron and in Jenin.

Meanwhile in Qusra, south of Nablus, the Hassan and Abu Rida families remain besieged in their homes for a 14th consecutive day by settlers, with Israeli forces maintaining a closed military zone around the site.

Residents accuse the army of inaction, which amounts to complicity in the families’ possible forced displacement.

The Palestinian Colonization and Wall Resistance Commission said Israeli settlers now number roughly 780,000 across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, living among 192 settlements and 400 outposts, rising to 71 percent of Area C and 91 percent of the Jordan Valley, the commission said.

The United Nations humanitarian affairs office recorded more than 1,330 settler-related attacks on Palestinians in the occupied West Bank between January and late July, averaging roughly six a day and marking the fastest pace since the agency began systematic tracking two decades ago.

More than 2,300 Palestinians have been forced from their homes so far this year due to settler violence or the restrictions that accompany it, according to UN figures. Separately, a UN-appointed commission of inquiry has found that Israeli authorities repeatedly failed to prevent foreseeable settler attacks and, in some cases, directly enabled them through army protection and the provision of weapons and funding.

Source link

Tags: human rightsHumanitarian crisesIsraelIsrael-Palestine conflictMiddle EastMilitaryNewsOccupied West BankPalestine
LJ News Opinions

LJ News Opinions

Next Post

Tropical Storm Moke advances toward Hawaii as winds strengthen

Recommended

El Niño conditions are here with potential to become ‘very strong’ this winter

2 months ago
A split screen image of a woman with wavy blonde hair and heavy makeup on the left and a man with short grey hair and glasses in a suit on the right

Australian PM apologises for 'inappropriate' comments about Kylie Minogue

2 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    LJ News Opinions

    Welcome to LJ News Opinions, where breaking news stories have captivated us for over 20 years.
    Join us in this journey of sharing points of view about the news – read, react, engage, and unleash your opinion!

    Category

    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • U.S.
    • World News

    Site links

    • Home
    • About us
    • Contact

    Legal Pages

    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Disclaimer
    • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    • DMCA
    • About us
    • Advertise
    • Contact

    © 2024, All rights reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • U.S.
    • Politics
    • World News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Health
    • Opinions

    © 2024, All rights reserved.