The wrap party for Sir Mick Jagger, Dakota Johnson, Josh O’Connor and Jessie Buckley‘s latest movie was reportedly broken up by police on Wednesday evening.
Rolling Stones legend Mick, 82, was revealed earlier this week to be playing the role of O’Connor’s lighthouse keeper father in the drama Three Incestuous Sisters, with the singer recently spotted filming on the set of remote Italian island Stromboli.
The bash was said to have been unceremoniously broken up due to a noise complaint from Riccardo Gullo, the mayor of nearby island Lipari, with Sir Mick and his co-stars meeting the police’s arrival with ‘perplexity mixed with hilarity’.
The following day the rocker left Stromboli in a private helicopter, as the island’s head of tourism hit out at the nearby mayor for calling in the cops.
Rosa Olivia said rather than being ‘valued and supported’ after a winter of bad weather and suspended ferries, the remote island had been ‘penalised’ and the film’s production should have been welcomed rather than face ‘punitive intervention’.
She said: ‘From the Mayor of Lipari, one would have expected a welcome to the guests, or at least a greeting and a thank you for their crucial contribution to the Aeolian economy and their visibility. Our islands live off tourism,’ as reported by The Telegraph.
The wrap party for Sir Mick Jagger, Dakota Johnson, Josh O’Connor and Jessie Buckley’s latest movie was reportedly broken up by police on Wednesday evening
Rolling Stones legend Mick, 82, was revealed earlier this week to be playing the role of O’Connor’s lighthouse keeper father in the drama Three Incestuous Sisters (Dakota Johnson pictured)
Daily Mail have contacted the Mayor of Lipari for comment.
The Gothic movie, based on the 2005 ‘visual novel’ of the same name, tells the story of three sisters who vie for the romantic attentions of the lighthouse keeper’s son.
Directed by Alice Rohrwacher, the movie also stars Saoirse Ronan and Isabella Rossellini.
It’s been nearly two-and-a-half years since The Crown, which starred O’Connor as the then-prince Charles, appeared to take its final bow on Netflix, closing a season that charted seismic moments for the Royal Family.
Since 2022, when this paper first revealed talks between Netflix and producer Left Bank Pictures over a £500million run of prequels, fans have been on tenterhooks.
I can now reveal the production company has got the green light to create the new project which will span the period from Queen Victoria‘s death in 1901 to the wedding of the then-princess Elizabeth in 1947.
The bash was said to have been unceremoniously broken up due to a noise complaint from Riccardo Gullo, the mayor of nearby island Lipari (Stromboli pictured)
The bash was said to have been unceremoniously broken up due to a noise complaint from Riccardo Gullo, the mayor of nearby island Lipari (O’Connor and Buckley pictured)
A well-placed source tells me: ‘Netflix has been locked in negotiations with the company for quite a long time about this spin-off series, but they’ve recently finally managed to seal the deal and come to an agreement.’
Peter Morgan, the show’s creator, who spearheaded the series to become one of Britain’s most decorated TV dramas with 24 Emmy awards to its name, is expected to return.
The insider adds: ‘Peter had already been putting pen to pad and casting is expected to take place next year.’
By stepping further back in time, the show may sidestep the accuracy rows that eclipsed the later seasons.
This would align with what Morgan has previously said. ‘I sort of have in my head a 20-year rule. That is enough time and enough distance to really understand something, to understand its role, to understand its position, to understand its relevance.’
He added: ‘Often, things that appear absolutely wildly important today are instantly forgotten, and other things have a habit of sticking around and proving to be historically very relevant and long-lasting.’
Netflix and Left Bank Pictures did not respond to my request for comment.



